Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Grey Mornings

As routines are established, the beginning of every day starts feeling the same. From the moment I drag myself from bed (after several rounds of hitting snooze) to the time I am actually awake (which may not happen until the afternoon or evening), everything just feels... well, rather bland. This is a shot of the street sometime in the early morning, I believe. Each weekday, I head to class. Not too interesting. It is bitterly cold, the roads are covered with all manner of snow, slush, and ice (though not in this picture- must have been a good day), the sun has not yet risen, and the town looks deserted, except the traffic is still ridiculous. A change of season wouldn't be bad at all. 

4 comments:

  1. I like that view very much. I am up at 4 to get ready for work and the like, so that kind of darkness (and the cold it suggests) is familiar to me. I have come to like it, to enjoy sharing it with other snooze bar junkies who struggle against it but submit. We are in it together.

    I like your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am an early riser, usually not by choice- as work calls. I really like this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photo well captures your opinion of cold, dreary mornings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the mysterious feel to this photo.

    ReplyDelete