Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

Vaccines 1, Andunie 0.

Today, I went out to get immunized for a couple of things I'd like not to kill me. So I drop by the local health department. What transpires is as follows:

NURSE: Have you ever passed out while getting your shots?
ME: Nope!
NURSE: Do you feel dizzy?
ME: ...no.
NURSE: Because this frequently happens to adolecents.
ME: I feel fine.
NURSE: They say they feel fine and then they pass out.
ME: (apprehensively) Really, I feel fine.
NURSE: Well, all right. (jabs a couple of needles in Andunie's arm)
ME: (winces)
NURSE: How do you feel?
ME: (okay) I'm okay.
NURSE: Either way, you should stay in the waiting room fifteen minutes afterwards...
ME: (beginning to feel increasingly lightheaded) Um...
NURSE: ...in case you start feeling a little faint.
ME: (vision starts disappearing; concedes defeat) Actually, I think I'm going to pass out now. (loses conciousness)

And so I spend the next ten minutes lying on the floor of the clinic, and end up stumbling out with a pounding headache. I mean, wtf. It's okay though, because the health dept. girl was really very nice about the whole thing. Not even a single "I told you so" look, to boot.

2 comments:

  1. Dude,that sucks. I've never passed out, but I can see it happening I guess. At least you didn't hit anything on the way down. Hope your headache's gone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha true. I didn't think I was prone to passing out, but I guess I am...? And thanks, it turned out to be okay!

    ReplyDelete