Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Skywatch No. 10

Still experimenting with night shots. Maybe it's just the inexperience of an amateur speaking, but I find it extraordinarily difficult to focus on a dark sky. Either way...


I still prefer my last night sky photo though.

The night is bitterly cold, but clear, which is what counts. I went out with the intention of shooting the stars; there's something to be said for the less-oft-photographed night sky. Instead, I became distracted with the moon. The moonlight is surprisingly bright- enough to light landscapes under longer exposures- but that's a project for next time.


4 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful moon and a lovely shot! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome skywatch shot.

    Have a great weekend!
    Guy
    Regina In Pictures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice moon shot. I noted that there's som' star or planet also visible. I did som' long exposures in the summer. You can find one of mine here. Happy SWF!

    prkl, Finland

    ReplyDelete